Saturday, February 5, 2011

6 Months

Wow, the difference in the belly between the fifth and sixth month is quite marked, check it out:

 




She's kicking, punching and flipping like crazy these days. I first felt her little flutters on Thanksgiving Day, those sweet butterfly kisses have turned to strong punches and kicks. Mark, my mom and Becky have all been able to feel her move. She kicks and punches Mark's back when we're spooning in bed, much to our entertainment and delight. I don't think we'll ever tire of marveling at how active and strong she is.

She's responsive to sounds now too. Mark had a horrible cough all last week. His coughing fits actually woke her up before they woke me up. But don't worry, her kicking made sure I didn't miss out on the party. When we talk to her and say her name she gets active. She knows Mark's voice and my voice and laugh. I was at my women's small group the other night and we were all cracking up about something. The cackling really got her going. I think she wanted in on the girl time. She goes especially crazy before bed and right when I wake up, even if it's just waking up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, which happens a few times a night, it must be very exciting for her.

Music either calms her down or makes her active, according to what kind it is. I've been putting one earphone up to my belly and the other one in my ear every morning for a couple of songs. The other morning I just kept thinking how surreal it was that if someone asked me what I was doing at that moment my answer would be "Oh, just listening to music with my daughter."

Ava Shay, you're already entertaining your mom, dad, grandma, and good friends, cracking us up and amazing us on a daily basis. You are a true joy and all we get more and more excited about meeting you every day.

3 comments:

  1. We are anxious to meet baby Ava also. So happy your pregnacy is gong so well. Bless all of you. Aunt Kay and Uncle Gary Great Aunt Kay and Uncle Gary Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is flying! I am very excited to meet her. Hope to make a trip down to see you and Bex soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kelly & Mark,

    Loved reading the Blog! We are so excited for You Both and Your Families! Before you know it the Blessed Event will be Here! Can't wait!!!

    Love Always,
    Mary Ann & Frank Ianni

    ReplyDelete