Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's Been Awhile...

Ava, my love, I'm so sorry I've neglected your blog. I've been enjoying you in real time too much to sit down and write about you. Well that's not totally true. Mostly I just get overwhelmed by how much you're doing and how much there is to record that I just don't do it. You're growing and learning and running and talking so much that I can't possibly keep up with you, can't possibly record it all so I just... don't record any of it. I know it's lame.

I read a great quote this week in my Beth Moore Bible study on the book of Esther (you'll love her when you grow up, at least I hope you will, she's an incredible theologian of our day). It read simply, "Perfection is a dream-killer." She went on to question, "Couldn't the craving to do something great keep us from doing something good?" It's true. Perfectionism can be so debilitating, so paralyzing. The idea of this blog can get overwhelming to me, so much so that I just don't do it. It's like if I can't do it artfully, cleverly, with humor, and no grammatical mistakes, nor spelling errors, and only professional-style photography throughout; then I don't want to do it.

I used Blog2Print to make a book out of this blog. It included every post from when we found out we were pregnant with you up to your first birthday. It's been so fun to read through it, look at the photos and display it on our coffee table for guests to enjoy it too. It gave me a renewed love for this blogging stuff. This is your baby book and it doesn't have to be perfect. It's the story of us, and Lord knows we aren't perfect, so it's... perfect.

I will leave you with this picture taken while we were laying on the floor on a rainy day this week...
[You're my favorite.]

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've missed this blog!!! And, I love that it is pink now! When I see Ava on FB I am FLOORED. Why oh why do they grow so stinking fast?

    Hows the pricing with the blog2print? I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Holly! I enjoy yours too, it's fun to keep up with your darling family. I've been praying for Baby James and his eye. I'm convinced everything is and will be completely fine but I know how it is when it's your baby. He's SO cute and sweet. I'll forward a coupon for Blog2Print, it's kind of pricey...

    ReplyDelete