Saturday, November 6, 2010

To Our Baby (written at week 4)

Dear Little Poppyseed, 

That's what your dad and I call you because right now you're only the size of one! We love you and have been talking about you since before we even got married. Your dad especially, it's so cute how he wanted to have kids the instant we got married. We actually did get pregnant, on our honeymoon, and found out our first month of marriage. We lost that baby, that's why I'm a little tentative to even write you this letter, talk to you, connect and bond with you, naming you, even with these nicknames; because I fear losing you too 'lil poppy. I pray for you every day, that God would make you big and strong and healthy and able to hang on and grow and thrive in me until the day we get to hold you.

So please stay strong, please stick little one, your mommy and daddy want to meet you and love on you and teach you all of God's ways and share with you everything He's blessed us with. He really has been ridiculously good to us, with our loving families, by bringing your dad and I together, by giving us fulfilling careers and incredible friends, and now you, it all seems way too good to be true. But that's how He is. He's good. You'll learn that Little. And that's why I choose to write to you, connect with you, bond with you, love you; without knowing the outcome, because I trust Him. His timing truly is perfect, He's proved that over and over again. And every good and perfect gift truly is of Him. He knows your dad and I and he knows you and He has a plan. He's in control. I will thank God for every day I get with you. I will take care of you and this body of mine that is your home for however long He makes it so. For you are cared for and you are loved. Goodnight Little Poppyseed. We love you.

Love,
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment