Saturday, April 7, 2012

Daisy's New Song

I was just wrapping up giving Ava a bleach bath, putting a layer of hydrocortisone cream on her red, inflamed skin, followed by copious amounts of moisturizer. Then feeding her expressed milk from a bottle instead of nursing her because I took a day off and ate all of her allergens (wheat, dairy, eggs, peanuts, who knows what else...) and she's been paying for it ever since. I was just watching her wiggle in her crib, trying to scratch all the hard to reach places, feeling really sorry for myself, for my baby, and asking God why this has to be so hard. That's when I logged onto my Google Reader and found this...


It's a song sweet Daisy Love, our Ventura pastor's daughter, wrote and is singing on her way to get a PET scan to see just how bad the cancer that is back a THIRD time really is. It wasn't good news. Surgery is scheduled for next week. Perspective. If a seven year old with cancer can have this kind of attitude. and faith. and patience. and JOY. Then what the heck am I doing wallowing in some skin issues?

Singing, praying and faith[ing] along with you Daisy Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment