Monday, April 9, 2012

He Is Risen!

We had a GREAT Easter! On Friday morning Ava woke up and I brought her into our bed. I was explaining Good Friday to her, telling her that it's a sad day because its the day Jesus died, but a good day because His sacrifice means we could be saved. When I told her He rose again on Easter she clapped! My girl knows good news when she hears it.

That afternoon we went to her first Easter egg hunt at a park with our playgroup. It was a potluck and there were about 15 moms and babies there. So fun! Ava has two best girlfriends in the group, Olivia and Lilia. They were all born just days apart and met when they were about a month old. Their moms and I took walks by the beach twice a week with our babies. We'd compare labor stories, offer nursing advice, talk sleep training, and wonder aloud whether or not we really had to give our babies Vitamin D drops... It's hard to believe we're now talking plans for first birthday parties.
Look what I found Mama...
Eggs!
Little friends & first Easter baskets
That evening our good friend Becky came over for a Seder (Passover) Dinner for Christians. We had Noodle Koogle, latkes and lamb. We listened to Exodus 12-14 on Becky's iPhone app while Ava tried to figure out where the voice was coming from. It was a great night.
On Saturday we drove up to Ventura and on Sunday morning we went to Reality Church's Easter Service at the Santa Barbara Community College campus. Oh. My. Gosh. Mark and I both agree it was the best Easter service we've ever been to. Incredible sermon. Rocking music. Stunning view.
Easter Perfection.
Hanging with Uncle John & Grandma
Clap your hands yo, HE IS RISEN!
Ava & Peter Cottontail (mine from when I was a little girl)
My girl and I
We hope and pray you had a great Easter too!

2 comments: