Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy 10 Months Ava Shay!

Ava is 10 months old! I know I say it every month but this is the most fun stage so far. She's on the move and getting verbal. The other night around bedtime she crawled up to me quickly, used my leg to stand up and started tapping on my thigh saying, "Nigh, nigh. Nigh, nigh." She wanted to go to "Night, night." She impresses me every day with what she knows and learns. Here is what our little joy is up to lately.

Ava, at 10 months you...
  • Imitate my work out moves. It's hilarious. I'm on day 21 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's a work out video that you watch me do it every morning from your pen. You now do head rolls & leg extensions. It's a game to you. You look at us and cock your head slowly to one side and then to the other, all the while maintaining this cute little grin on your face. You play this game with strangers too; the waitress at Bouboufee Mediterranean Grille and the businessman in the waiting room at the Kaiser pharmacy. They don't understand the game, but you bring smiles wherever you go. Here you are doing [your version of] a head roll.
Work it baby. I'll explain the carrot later.
  • Had some fun play dates at the house
  • Learned how to clap! I know I already posted a clapping video but here's another. Because we can't seem to get enough of clapping in this household lately. 
  • Love trying out your four little teeth on raw carrots.
Nom nom nom nom nom.
  • Celebrated being Irish on both the Russell & Power side of the family on St. Patrick's Day.
  • Got a new toy chest. We were going to wait to give it to you for your first birthday but we couldn't help ourselves. It's too cute! I love the hot pink script personalization. Here you are on top of it. Clapping of course.
  • Climb up the stairs. At warp speed. With no concept of gravity on the way down. We need to get a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs but for now one of us just follows you closely behind. Oftentimes you stop at each step and clap to celebrate your accomplishment. So cute. I don't know why this video came out sideways and don't know how to fix it but I'm posting it anyways.
  • Think its hilarious when I wear a hat. I wear a visor on runs and you think it's hysterical. You just look at me and loose it every time I put it on. It's as if I wear it for your own personal entertainment. And sometimes I do.
  •  Speaking of laughing... you think playing catch with an oatmeal lid is pretty funny too. I'll leave you all with this gem...

No comments:

Post a Comment