Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"I had a great day with you today."

Baby Girl,

Every night, right after I nurse you but before I put you in your crib, I stand there holding you and rocking you for just a moment. As I lower you down into your crib, ever so gently as not to wake you, I whisper the same thing into your ear, "I had a great day with you today." And it's always true. Even the hard days, which [thank you Jesus] have been fewer and fewer lately since you've been healthy and your eczema has cleared up, are still great ones. Because they're spent with you. You and daddy are the greatest things that have ever happened to me. I love you both and am so loved by you two that it hurts to think about sometimes.

Some nights, like tonight, you let out the sweetest, breathy sigh as soon as you hit your crib and it just melts me. Melts me. The house is a disaster. I haven't showered. Or worked out, although I HAVE worn work out clothes all day, does that count? And you wore blue snowman pajamas to Ace hardware today and everyone thought you were a boy [a cute boy, but still a boy] and I don't care about any of it. Because we rolled around in your pen, and practiced standing and clapped a lot and did "family bed" and went for two walks and went out for breakfast, and woke daddy up for his shift, and read books and both ate a lot, and well, I had a great day with you today. I always do.


Love You Like Cray Cray,

Mama

2 comments:

  1. I just cried a little reading this. You're a great mom Kel. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! I'm with Dani, you have me in tears, Mama:) love you Kelly (and Ava and Mark)

    ReplyDelete