Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ultrasound Photos

A download of all the ultrasounds we've had with this little lady... 

 

This is her very first photo shoot at 8 weeks. The nurse showed us the heart beat on the monitor and I sat up on the bed, shocked and asked, "There's a heartbeat?!" She looked at me, confused and said, "Well there better be!" I told her I kept reading on my May Birth Board on Babycenter.com about women getting into their first ultrasound only to find their babies didn't have a heartbeat. She bypassed me completely, looked at Mark and said sternly, "Don't let her read those things anymore." Ha!

We framed this ultrasound pic in a frame with a quote about family and made a trip up to Ventura to tell my parents the big news. They didn't get it. They thought we just gave them a random frame. My mom kept saying how cute it was and that she knew right where she was going to put it. Mark finally asked her if she knew what was in the frame. She picked it back up again and after a few (long) seconds, put her hand over her mouth and screamed in excitement. That was more of the response we were going for.


These were taken only 2 weeks later at 10 weeks. Mariners Outreach put on a free medical/dental clinic for those who can't afford insurance in our community. I had lined up a lot of the mobile medical/dental units including one of our partners Birth Choice who give pregnant women free ultrasounds and prenatal care when they cannot afford it otherwise. I was working the event the day of and went over and introduced myself as the one they had talked to on the phone in preparation for being there that day. I shyly asked if I could get an ultrasound and they got all excited that I was pregnant and said yes. Mark was working at the clinic so my friend Laura went in with me. It was SO fun. She was bouncing around like crazy, doing flips, giving a "what's up mom" hand signal and looked like a gummy bear. I got such a rush from seeing her so active for the first time. How was she just a blob (like in the photo above) two weeks ago?


These are from our 20 week anatomy/gender ultrasound. I love her beautiful spine in this last one. The ultrasound appointment itself was a debacle ending with a lot of tears.


Our ultrasound tech at the 20 week ultrasound was a total brat. She "couldn't" or rather wouldn't tell us the sex and we (I) was desperate to know, so we went to one of those boutique elective ultrasound places and got these taken. The first says, "I'm a happy girl!" The ultrasound tech stalled right before writing girl, it was such a fun moment to find out we were having a daughter, just what we wanted! Well, that's what I thought, until Mark looked at me and said, "Oh babe, I'm so happy for you." Me or US? I asked, confused. He back-peddled quickly and said, "us, us, of course us." He assured me he just meant that he knew how much I wanted a girl and that he would have been happy either way.


 

This was take just this week at 37.5 weeks, she's head down and they estimate she's weighing about 7.5 pounds already! These can be really off in their estimates but look at her cute little closed eyes, and pouty lips and I think she has Mark's cute little nose, which I've been hoping she'd get. Those are her little hands in front of her face. They'd keep going from being clasped in front of her to throwing little punches. It was so cute. She's a real baby now and she'll be here so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment